Bilt Mastercard® Review
Earn transferrable points on rent payments without any processing fees.
By Mandy H.|Updated on 8/31/2023Back
The Bilt Mastercard® is a unique no-annual-fee card that lets you earn points on rent payments without any processing fees. The card is a great way to earn additional points for travel since they are transferable to select travel partners. Rates & Fees
To qualify to earn point multipliers on the Bilt Mastercard®, you must use the card at least five times each statement period.
- 1X points on rent payments without the transaction fee, up to 100,000 points each calendar year
- 2X points on travel
- 3X points on dining
- 1X points on other purchases
Earn 1X points on rent paid via the Bilt App with your card account, up to 100,000 points each calendar year. If your rent payment is less than $250, you will earn 250 points for that rent payment. Only one rent payment to one property per month.
As a reminder, you need to make 5 or more transactions on the Bilt card per statement period to qualify to earn rewards.
What Qualifies as Travel?
It’s important to note that travel is not a broad category. The travel merchant code for Mastercard is classified as airlines, hotels, motels, resorts, cruise lines, and car rental agencies.
Per the Bilt terms, the following are not considered travel: bus lines, passenger railways/trains, taxicabs and limousines, rideshares, ferries, timeshares, travel agencies, online travel sites, real estate agents, vacation rental platforms (e.g. VRBO, Airbnb), campgrounds, boat lease/rental, motor home/recreational vehicle rental, toll bridges and highways, parking lots, and garages.
Rent Day and Double Points Promotion
On the first of every month, you can earn even more points on Rent Day. Get 6X on dining, 4X on travel, and 2X on other purchases. Rent is excluded from earning double points.
How Much are Bilt Points Worth?
Bilt points are flexible and can be redeemed in various ways, including:
- Book your next trip with 500+ airlines and 700K+ hotels.
- Book fitness classes with SoulCycle, Rumble, Y7, or Solidcore.
- Make Amazon purchases.
- Pay your next month’s rent.
- Fund a downpayment on a home.
Value of Bilt Points
Depending on how you decide to redeem Bilt points, the value varies drastically from not the best to amazing value.
- Not the best value:
- Cash out for future rent payments = 0.55 Cents Per Point (CPP)
- Amazon shop = 0.7 CPP
- Fitness classes, but can vary slightly depending on the studio = ~ 1 CPP
- Bilt collection, can vary = ~ 1 CPP
- Okay value:
- Booking travel through the Bilt Rewards Travel Portal = 1.25 CPP
- Redeem points towards a down payment = 1.5 CPP
- Amazing value:
- Transfer to partners for aspirational travel and first and business class, generally 2 CPP here and arguably 3 CPP or higher depending on the partner.
Bilt Transfer Partners
The best way to maximize the value of Bilt points is to transfer them to travel transfer partners, which include 12 airline loyalty programs and two hotel loyalty programs. You can transfer points at a 1:1 ratio to the following programs:
- Aer Lingus AerClub
- Air Canada Aeroplan
- Air France-KLM Flying Blue
- American AAdvantage
- British Airways Executive Club
- Cathay Pacific Asia Miles
- Emirates Skywards
- Hawaiian Airlines HawaiianMiles
- Iberia Plus
- IHG One Rewards
- Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles
- United MileagePlus
- Virgin Atlantic Flying Club
- World of Hyatt
Bilt Card Benefits and Protections
The Bilt card offers a wide range of travel protections and benefits, including:
- Auto rental collision damage waiver
- 6-hour trip delay coverage
- No foreign currency conversion fee
- Trip cancellation and interruption protection
- Purchase protection
- Up to $800 cell phone insurance
- Lyft credits - Take 3 rides in one calendar month, and get a $5 Lyft credit with your Bilt Mastercard; the offer ends 3/31/24.
- Other Mastercard World Elite benefits
Terms and conditions apply to benefits and protections.
The travel protections are very competitive for a no-annual-fee credit card, and are on par with a few entry-level travel cards with an annual fee.
How to Pay Rent With a Credit Card
With Bilt, renters have the opportunity to earn points at any building, regardless of their landlord's preferred payment method. To earn points on your rent payment, you can have Bilt send a physical check directly to your landlord, or you can use the Bilt Virtual Account to make payments through ACH. Your rent payment then gets put on your Bilt credit card statement.
How to Pay Rent With Bilt Credit Card
- Login to your Bilt account on the website or mobile app.
- Select the “Pay Rent” tab.
- Review your rent payment charges, and then continue to make payment.
- On the Payment Summary page, you can review the payment amount and method before you submit the payment.
The Bilt Mastercard is a great no-annual-fee card to consider to accumulate points on everyday spending and rent. If you plan on utilizing one of the travel transfer partners, you can maximize value by redeeming the points for business/first-class flights or hotel stays. Rates & Fees